Edith Cowan University Homestay
in association with
Edith Cowan University has teamed with the Australian Homestay Network (AHN) to give ECU students the opportunity to be hosted by a specially trained AHN homestay host for a safe and happy introduction to living and studying in Australia.
Homestay is a wonderful opportunity for cultural exchange between a local individual or family (called a host) and a visiting international student. All of the AHN homestay hosts will help you to settle into your new life in Perth, whilst also provide you with the useful tips and information that you need for an unforgettable experience in Australia.
AHN is considered to be the leading Australian Homestay provider, and welcomes you to be part of this ECU homestay program. AHN-WA provides you with insurance for your contents and belongings, along with personal indemnity insurance (refer http://www.homestaynetwork.org/public/ahn-insurance) and a professional 24-hour telephone support hotline with access to medical advice, legal advice, counselling (if required) and emergency interpreting services.
Your homestay will include a clean, furnished bedroom including items like a bed, desk, wardrobe, chair and a study lamp. You will also have access to bathroom and laundry facilities as well as meal services.
It’s Interesting and Fun
Enjoy everyday activities with yourAHN homestay host including:
- Tours of your local community
- Help with the basics of Australian culture
- Taking part in everyday conversation
- Learning basics such as buying transport tickets, where the local shops are, how to access banking, internet, mobile phone and personal safety tips
- Help with English and ‘Aussie’ words and phrases
- Ongoing support and backup from the Australian Homestay Network (AHN)
AHN was recently commended by the Senate Inquiry into the Welfare of International Students for their standards of service.
You can view the AHN Perth Fee Structure by clicking here.
Placement Fee includes:
- Training of Host
- System support during application process
- Residence visit and approval process
- Student – Host preference matching
- Placement of Student
- Follow up support if required regarding placement
Weekly fee includes:
- Meals – 2 meals per week day , 3 meals per weekend
- Accommodation and utilities (power, gas etc.)
- Homestay Host student support
- Homestay Host additional support for students under 18
- Compulsory AHN 24/7 professional phone support (including medical management and student phone support)
- Compulsory AHN Contents Insurance for Students and Hosts as per AHN Insurance Policyhttp://www.homestaynetwork.org/public/ahn-insurance
- AHN System access for Agents, Institution, Students and Hosts
- AHN Project Management
- Ongoing Supervisor Support
To book your homestay, please click the link below to join as a student:
AIRPORT PICKUP WITHOUT HOMESTAY
ECU and Australian Homestay Network work in conjunction with Town Cars for professionally delivered airport pick up services. Town Cars (www.towncars.com.au) is the exclusive provider of airport pick up services for AHN and ECU.
For airport transfer only bookings (i.e. without homestay) please click on the link below and follow the links to book online.
- Students who use this service will be offered a $100 voucher for the ECU Bookshop as reimbursement, however you will need to pay for this service ($100 per person). You will receive your voucher upon presenting your letter of offer from ECU to Town Cars when you are collected.
- Vouchers will only be provided to relocating students who are commencing studies at ECU in Semester 1, 2013. You will need to indicate that you are a new ECU student at the time of booking to ensure you receive your voucher. If you do not indicate that you are a new ECU student, you will not receive a voucher.
- You will not receive a reimbursement from ECU if you use an airport transfer provider other than Town Cars (AHN).
- If you are commencing your studies as a packaged offer with another provider you are not covered by this service and will not receive a voucher. Please contact your initial provider directly for assistance with airport pick up (e.g PIBT, Canning College, Tuart College, ETI-TAFE, PIWA, Phoenix Academy (Link2Uni), Kingston College, Cambridge International College, Milner, Hands on Computer Training, Nova Institute of Technology).
Click here to book your Airport pickup.