Adelaide Hospitality & Tourism School in association with Australian Homestay Network (AHN)
Adelaide Hospitality & Tourism School is proud to associate with the Australian Homestay Network (AHN) for the provision of homestay accommodation services for its students.
AHN is Australia’s leading homestay accommodation for international students.
Homestay hosts will help international students settle in to homestay and advise them with general safety, accommodation and welfare information.
Students are also encouraged to share information about their home country and culture with their AHN homestay Host. This helps students to better settle into life in a new country and gain the confidence to build important social networks in Australia.
Homestay is a cultural exchange between a local individual or family (called a host) and a visiting international student.
AHN welcomes you to be part of this homestay program.
International students can initially book an AHN hosted homestay placement for 2-4 weeks as part of their orientation to Australia process.
AHN hosts provide a clean and furnished bedroom for their guest. This includes items like a bed, desk, wardrobe, chair and a study lamp.
The visiting student will have access to bathroom and laundry facilities as well as meal services (for the initial stay) and students can choose a range of AHN options if they wish to extend their original homestay placement.
It’s Interesting and Fun
Students will enjoy everyday activities with their AHN homestay host including:
- Being shown around the community
- Help with the basics of Australian culture
- Taking part in everyday conversation
- Learning basics such as buying transport tickets, where the local shops are, how to access banking, internet, mobile phone and personal safety tips
- Help with English and ‘Aussie’ words and phrases
- Ongoing support and backup from the Australian Homestay Network (AHN)
- In Australia it is strongly advised that Agents ensure that their students only use accommodation services recommended by the relevant Education
- Institution. There are widespread reports of students being scammed and/or having a bad outcome by not using a Supervising group like AHN.
Reputable homestay in Australia is made up of a placement fee and a weekly fee.
Placement Fee includes:
- Training of Host
- System support during application process
- Residence visit and approval process
- Student – Host preference matching
- Placement of Student
- Follow up support if required regarding placement
**Weekly fee includes:
- Meals – 3 meals per day
- Accommodation and utilities (power, gas etc.)
- Homestay Host student support
- Homestay Host additional support for students under 18 (under 18 students pay $20 per week extra)
- Compulsory AHN 24/7 professional phone support (including medical management and student phone support)
- Compulsory AHN Contents Insurance for Students and Hosts as per AHN Insurance Policy
- AHN System access for Agents, Institution, Students and Hosts
- AHN Project Management
- Ongoing Supervisor Support
After the initial welcome placement students may have the option of extending their Homestay placement and a variety of Homestay options to choose from for example:
- traditional full meals Homestay
- dinner only Homestay or
- no meals Homestay
After the initial welcome placement students may have the option of extending their homestay placement and a variety of homestay options to choose from for example:
- traditional full meals homestay
- dinner only homestay or
- no meals homestay
Agents are Important!
The AHN agent login has been designed to give agents full control over their students’ applications for Homestay.
Agents are able to add new student applications with ease, while also monitoring the status of all their existing students.
We are an Australia wide network so you have the potential to send students all over Australia. A list of our branches is below:
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast
Agent Application Process
Creating an agent account on AHN couldn’t be easier!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and include contact details for your agency office, including organisation name, full address, as well as any relevant email addresses and the regions of Australia you wish to send students to.
- When your account has been created your agent login details will be sent to you via email
- Once you have your login details, log in by going to http://au.homestaynetwork.org/partner_login and begin adding new student applications
If you would like further information please contact AHN on 1300MYSTAY (02 8905 0321) or by contacting email@example.com.
We look forward to successful Homestays for your students in Australia.