Australian Academy of Commerce in association with Australian Homestay Network (AHN)
Australian Academy of Commerce has contracted with the Australian Homestay Network (AHN) to offer international students the opportunity to be hosted by a specially trained AHN Homestay Host for their introduction to accommodation and living in Australia.
AHN is considered to be the leading Australian Homestay Manager and is committed to meeting the well-published Australian Homestay Standards. AHN has been chosen by the University to ensure the best welcoming experience possible for international students.
For Australians to participate in a supervised and supported cultural exchange program with new arriving international students.
To provide residents the opportunity to assist with the welcoming and settling in of international students to Australia.
Participants will meet, host and assist new international students arriving for study and help the student(s) with orientation to their campus and Australia, as well as provide general safety, accommodation and welfare information.
Australian Homestay Network Management
The Australian Homestay Network is Australia’s leading manager of International Student Homestay Programs and provides full support and free online training to all hosts.
Opportunities exist now for friendly individuals and families to become an Australian Homestay Network (AHN) host and share a unique cultural experience with Australia’s visiting international students.
AHN supports all AHN Hosts with a range of service, including:
- Full training
- Professional 24/7 support
- Full Administration support (payments and receipting)
- Tax free host payments to cover all anticipated expenses
- Appropriate Insurance Cover for both students and hosts
- Assistance with student management and support
Create memorable experiences and friends that last a lifetime
Enjoy everyday activities with your visiting student including:
- showing your student around your community
- guiding them on the basics of Australian culture
- learning about their culture
- teaching them some basics like establishing a phone, buying transport tickets, where the local shops are, how to access banking and personal safety tips
- take part in everyday conversation and teach ‘Aussie’ words and phrases
How you can take part
- Do you have a spare room?
- Do you live near public transport?
- Would you be a good mentor for a new visitor in Australia?
If you answered “YES” to any of the above questions then you may qualify to join the Australian Homestay Network.
Hosting is Easy
AHN hosts provide a clean and furnished bedroom for their guest. This includes items like a bed, desk, wardrobe, chair and a study lamp.
The visiting student will need to have access to bathroom and laundry facilities and hosts can choose a range of AHN options in regard to meal inclusions.
AHN will conduct onsite interviews and additional training to ensure suitability for the hosting required.
General Expenses Are Covered
AHN Homestay provides a weekly allowance that covers all anticipated costs.
Hosts have the option of being available for:
- traditional full meals homestay
- dinner only homestay or
- no meals homestay
Further details are provided on application.
AHN manages all student placements, student fees, institution liaison, management support, insurances, and payment administration.